Building Department Job Posting Notice for Building / Electrical Inspector
Original Release: 4/9/2018
City of Lyndhurst, Ohio
Job Posting Notice
The duties and responsibilities describe the general nature of the work performed as well as the typical qualification needed for acceptable performance. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required of the job.
Job Title: Building/Electrical Inspector
Job Posting Date: April 9, 2018
FLSA Status: Bargaining Unit
Salary Range: $41,275.00 to $64,782.00 (plus certification premiums)
Supervisor's Job Title: Building Commissioner
Position Summary: To perform inspections on residential and non-residential structures for compliance with the Building Codes and the Codified Ordinances of the City of Lyndhurst.
Position Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent and a valid Ohio Driver's License. Must possess a current Ohio Board of Building Standards certification for Building Inspector (BI) and Electrical Inspector (ESI) certification. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, Proficient use of MS Word and Excel. Individual must be detail oriented, skilled in customer service, and able to function well in stressful situations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide prompt, courteous, polite, and professional service and communication to the customers of the City.
- Perform building inspections relative to all residential and non-residential structures in compliance with the Ohio Building Codes and the National Electrical Code.
- Perform inspections on property and structures to determine compliance with the Maintenance Codes for the City of Lyndhurst, Ohio.
- Perform administrative tasks relating to inspections conducted to include preparation of violation notices, maintenance of inspection files, computer data entry, and representing the City in Municipal Court.
- Communicate with the public, residents and contractors regarding issues of code compliance including providing information and explanation of statements of non-compliance.
- Report to the Building Commissioner regarding status of inspections and seek advice regarding issues of non-compliance.
Submit resume to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5301 Mayfield Road
Lyndhurst, Ohio 44124
P: (440) 473-5108
F: (440) 442-7189