2016 Lyndhurst Home Day Celebration
Original Release: 9/8/2016
September 9th, 10th, and 11th 2016
Friday, September 9th:
- Family Fun Night!! Home Day Opens at 6:00 PM.
- Family DJ and Kids Games all in the Big Tent!!
- Rides / Great Food / Beer and Games on the Midway until 10:00 PM.
Saturday, September 10th:
- Home Day Midway Opens at 1:00 PM.
- East Wind Band, 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM.
- The Michael Christopher Band, 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM. For the first time Home Day is venturing a little bit country with the "guitar-heavy, rock-edged country sounds" of Michael Christopher, whose stylings contain an "invocative lyrical virtuosity".
Sunday, September 11th:
- Home Day Pancake Breakfast!!
8:00 AM until 12 Noon
At the Lyndhurst Community Center
- Lyndhurst Home Day Parade
Steps off from Brush High School to Lyndhurst City Hall along Mayfield Road.
- Flag Raising
Lyndhurst Park Gazebo
- The Magic of Rick Smith Jr. in the Big Tent
2:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Magician Rick Smith Jr. brings cutting edge breathtaking magical entertainment and illusions never seen before! A Guinness Book of World's Records holder for card throwing, Rick Smith Jr.'s skills have been seen on television shows nationwide.
- Steve Fazzini in the Big Tent
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Steve Fazzini channels the songs and the sounds of Old Blue Eyes - Frank Sinatra - just close your eyes and you will swear you are listening to the Sultan of Swoon himself! Steve will be in the Big Tent from 4:00 PM until 6:30 PM!
- The Sophisticated Swing Band in the Big Tent
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Home Day will close on the highest notes possible with the rich sounds of 40's Big Band Swing and much more! A full 18-piece band enhanced by captivating vocals will play from 7:00 PM until the 10:00 PM close!