City of Lyndhurst, Ohio
Local Organizations Directory
➤ Schools - South Euclid / Lyndhurst (SE/L)
Website: http://www.sel.k12.oh.us/ 🌐
Established in 1924, the South Euclid Lyndhurst School District serves the communities of South Euclid, Lyndhurst and a portion of Richmond Heights. Over the years, the SEL School District has positioned itself as a leader in education in Northeast Ohio, often leading the trend in curriculum and educational programming. The District has state-of-the-art facilities and strives to incorporate technology into classroom learning.
We have a diverse population of approximately 3,500 students, which the District prepares to become well-rounded, high-achieving adults. The SEL School District prides itself on providing an array of academic and extra-curricular activities, allowing students to further their academic development.
➜ Vision Statement:
SEL City Schools will be THE DESTINATION school community.
➜ Mission Statement:
We educate, inspire and empower students to be high achieving contributing members of a global society.
➜ Core Beliefs:
We Believe ...
- High expectations lead to high achievement
- Education must focus on academic, social emotional, and physical needs of students
- Diversity strengthens and enriches our communities
- Students must take ownership of their education
- Education is the responsibility of the entire community
- Open and honest communication is critical to effective relationships
- The best education is achieved in a safe and stimulating environment
- The demands of the future and the lessons of the past shape our educational practices
- Teaching and Learning
We will develop a framework for teaching and learning that will increase student growth yearly.
- Communications & Partnerships
We will develop a communication plan that will strengthen our internal and external communications and maximize our community partnerships.
- School Community Climate
We will develop a plan that promotes an environment in which students and staff are safe, supported, empowered, and where respect for self and others is highly valued.
We will develop and implement a plan to maximize our current resources and provide facilities that reflect the needs of students, staff, and the community.