Legacy Village Welcomes Back Its Premier Summer Art Festival: June 1st & 2nd 2013
Eclectic Mix of Original Art - Live Music - Wine Tasting - Kids Interactive Art Zone
What: 23rd Annual Art in the Village
When: Saturday, June 1, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm and Sunday, June 2, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wjhere: Legacy Village in Lyndhurst - Navigational Address: 25001 Cedar Road, Lyndhurst, Ohio, 44124
Why: To Support the Arts and the Local Economy
Admission: Free and open to the public
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 561-746-6615
For interviews with participating artists and images of their work, please contact AnaBelle Dweck at email@example.com.
June 1 - 2, 2013, 23rd Annual Art in the Village. 150 of the finest artists and crafters will converge upon Legacy Village in Lyndhurst for a two-day juried outdoor gallery style art exhibit. A wide variety of original artwork, affordable crafts and unique gift items will be on display and for sale as well as interactive children's art activities, live music and a wine tasting hosted by the Ohio Wine Producers Association. Saturday, 10:00 am to 8:00 pm & Sunday, 10 am to 6 pm, www.ArtFestival.com, (561) 746-6615. Free.
Art in the Village, an outdoor gallery style juried art exhibit returns June 1 - 2, 2013 with the finest artists and crafters in the country. A signature event on Cleveland's summer arts calendar, this two-day festival hosted by Legacy Village features an eclectic mix of original art, a separate art & craft market, interactive children's art activities, live music and a wine tasting hosted by the Ohio Wine Producers Association.
This free event appeals to locals and tourists alike for the wide array of original artwork and crafts priced to suit all budgets. The artists and crafters are hand selected from hundreds of applicants to ensure an extensive variety of artistic media that will have broad appeal.
"This event is a wonderful celebration of the arts," says festival promoter Howard Alan. "It is very much like an outdoor art gallery, perfect for art enthusiasts and collectors interested in new quality investments as well as the casual shopper looking for unique gift items."
* Juried outdoor art showcase
* Original Art Handmade in America
* 150 artists and crafters from 30 different states
* Prices set to suit all budgets - ranging from as little as $25 to $30,000
* Artists & Crafters are hand-selected by an independent panel of expert judges from hundreds of applicants
* All artists & crafters are on site for duration of festival
* Vast array of artistic media: paintings, sculptures, photography, ceramics, glass, wood, handmade jewelry, collage, mixed media
* Art & Craft Market: featuring a variety of craft media including folk art, pottery, personalized gifts, handmade clothing, basket weaving, beaded utensils, candles, cork assemblage, fabric design, fiber quilts, fused wax & glass, hair accessories, handbags & accessories, handmade cards, leather, mosaic, wood, painted wood, plaster craft
* Live music - featuring six local bands over the course of the weekend including Saborit Latin Soul, Blue Lunch, Cats on Holiday
* Wine Tasting - Hosted by the Ohio Wine Producers Association - Saturday & Sunday - 12 pm to 6 pm
* Kids Zone - Saturday & Sunday - Noon to 4:00 pm - Interactive art activities for children featuring artist educators from Young Audiences of Northeast Ohio