Residents And Businesses Are Provided The Following Free Online Services
Through R.I.T.A. Website
REGIONAL INCOME TAX AGENCY (R.I.T.A.): www.ritaohio.com
R.I.T.A. E-File: A quick, easy and secure way to file your municipal income taxes online with R.I.T.A.
INDIVIDUALS ARE PROVIDED THE FOLLOWING FEATURES:
EMPLOYERS HAVE THE FOLLOWING CHOICES:
- A simple step-by-step calculation of taxes or refunds
- Ability to file even if you moved in 2008
- Electronic transfer of refunds into checking or savings accounts
- Pay by credit card or ACH (electronic debit of checking or savings accounts)
- Delay payment of taxes - file as early as you like and set up an ACH payment anytime before April 15th
Here's what you need to E-FILE:
- Social Security numbers for you and your spouse
- W-2 forms from all employers
- 1099 forms and Federal Schedules C, E, & F
- Date of move for residents that moved in 2008
- Bank Routing and Account numbers - for a fast refund or to pay electronically
R.I.T.A. E-Payment: A convenient, simple and secure method to pay municipal income taxes online. R.I.T.A. uses the latest Internet security technology to secure your transaction. All you need is your bank routing number and account number found at the bottom of your checks.
- Monthly or Quarterly Withholding returns
Your Choice To:
- Fill in a simple form online, or
- Attach a payroll file
- Annual Withholding Reconciliation returns
Your Choice To:
- Upload W-2 data with online filing, or
- Save W-2 data to CD and mail to R.I.T.A.
R.I.T.A. E-Registration: A fast and simple electronic method to establish your municipal tax account with R.I.T.A., if you have not previously filed a municipal tax return with R.I.T.A.
INDIVIDUALS - RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
- A resident new to a R.I.T.A. municipality who has not previously filed a municipal tax return with R.I.T.A. For example, someone who has moved into a R.I.T.A. municipality, or
- A resident who lived in a R.I.T.A. municipality for a portion of the year but has not previously filed a municipal tax return with R.I.T.A., or
- A resident who recently turned 18 years of age and currently lives in or has lived a portion of the year in a R.I.T.A. municipality. Visit www.ritaohio.com to see the under 18 exceptions.
BUSINESS REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Employed in a R.I.T.A. municipality but did not have municipal tax withheld, or
- Employed in a R.I.T.A. municipality but did not have enough municipal tax withheld for that municipality AND has not previously filed a municipal tax return with R.I.T.A. or
- Owned rental property in a R.I.T.A. municipality.
WHO IS NOT REQUIRED TO REGISTER WITH R.I.T.A.?
- A Corporation, Partnership, Sole Proprietor, Single Member LLC, Trust or Estate that has a business located in and/or conducts business in a R.I.T.A. municipality but has never filed a municipal tax return with R.I.T.A.
FAST - SIMPLE - SECURE - FREE
- Any resident or business entity that has previously filed a municipal tax return with R.I.T.A.
- Any resident or business entity that is located in a new R.I.T.A. municipality that has previously filed a municipal tax return with that same municipality.
- Any resident or business entity that is not obligated to file a municipal tax return with R.I.T.A.
For more information log on to www.ritaohio.com or call (800) 860-7482.